Real Estate


Quiet-Title Actions

You’ve just purchased a tax deed from the county tax commissioner, do you own the property? No, not really. You will need to foreclose on the right to redeem unless the prior owner or a lienholder pays you your bid amount plus 20%. You’re probably asking, “If I foreclose on the right to redeem, do I now own the property?” Kind of. If you wish to sell the property, you may have to do a quiet title action. A quiet title action involves a lawsuit being filed, retaining a special master, title searches, and legal notices being sent to prior owners and other lien holders. Unfortunately, it is a complex undertaking.

The lawyers at Shadrix & Parmer, P.C. have handled countless quiet title actions from start to finish. Let us assist you in acquiring a marketable title to the property you’ve just purchased with a tax deed so you can sell it. Please feel free to call our Firm at (770) 830-0809.

If you need legal assistance regarding quiet-title actions in Georgia, contact the law firm of Shadrix & Parmer, P.C. at 770-830-0809.