Estate Planning



The attorneys at Shadrix & Parmer, P.C. provide solutions for individuals who are no longer capable of making sound decisions about financial matters and managing their affairs. We assist individuals and families faced with this situation with the creation of conservatorship that will help to ensure that your family member or loved one will be provided necessary care.

When your family member or loved one is incapable of managing his or her personal affairs, it is important to take the necessary legal action to protect their interests. You should consult a knowledgeable and experienced attorney to assist you in this legal process. A conservator manages the person’s financial affairs.


Conservatorship is a legal arrangement that places the property of an individual, also known as a ward, under the supervision of a conservator.

A conservatorship transfers the following responsibilities of the ward to the conservator:

  • Organizing, gathering and protecting assets;
  • Arranging appraisals of property;
  • Safeguarding property and assets from loss, whenever possible;
  • Managing income and assets;
  • Making appropriate payments;
  • Obtaining court approval prior to the sale of major assets; and
  • Reporting to the court the estate’s status on a regular basis.

Conservatorships are often temporary arrangements that are meant to protect an “incapacitated person” until he or she regains capacity.


The attorneys at Shadrix & Parmer, P.C. represent individuals involved in conservatorship disputes. The appointment of a conservator revokes or limits the life decisions of the ward, and disputes can arise with the ward or a family member. In conservatorship cases, disputes often relate to questions about the use of the ward’s finances both before and after the conservator’s appointment.

Conservatorship are complex and require a knowledgeable and experienced attorney to assist you with the proceedings. The attorneys at Shadrix & Parmer, P.C. can help. Our attorneys will:

  • Explain the legal process of obtaining a conservatorship;
  • Prepare the guardianship or conservator petition and supporting documents;
  • Represent you in hearings; and
  • Help you comply with all legal and reporting requirements.

For knowledgeable legal assistance, contact the attorneys at Shadrix & Parmer, P.C. To contact us, call 770-830-0809.