Our attorneys represent people who wish to challenge a will or a trust, and those who maintain that the will or trust is valid and can assist you in resolving probate disputes while protecting your inheritance interests.
WILL CONTESTS, TRUST DISPUTES
Our attorneys understand the probate process when a loved one dies. While in many cases, probate and trust administration is resolved without difficulty, there are times when family members dispute a will or trust, questioning its validity for a variety of reasons. Issues arise when a person who has died without a will as well as when a there is a will or trust, but the will or trust fails to provide anything or allocate assets to a certain family member. Additionally, the will or trust may leave the inheritance or assets to an acquaintance or someone the family suspects of wrongdoing or undue influence.
REASONS FOR WILL CONTESTS, DISPUTES AND TRUST DISPUTES
There are a variety of ways to contest a will in court. The attorneys at Shadrix & Parmer, P.C. handle will contests, disputes and trust disputes over suspicions of:
- Fraud and undue influence: if your loved one was coerced or pressured to leave assets to an acquaintance or caretaker, for example, instead of family members, the will may be contested;
- Elder abuse;
- Breach of fiduciary duty;
- Mental capacity: To make a valid will, a person must be able to meet certain legal requirements concerning his or her mental state and clarity of thought;
- Forceful changes to the will under duress;
- Forged documents or signatures;
- Actions of trustee during distribution of trust funds
The attorneys at the Shadrix & Parmer, P.C. seek to resolve will and trust contests as quickly and effectively as possible, while minimizing the cost of litigation. We will discuss your options with you, and help achieve resolutions that protect your rights.
If you need legal assistance regarding a will contest, contact the law firm of Shadrix & Parmer, P.C. We charge competitive rates and will work around your schedule, including evening and weekend schedules by appointment. To contact us, call 770-830-0809.